Will the choices you make today lead you closer to or farther away from where you want to be?

Saturday, November 14, 2009

P3D22 11-14-09

So, I was up a little bit today, +1.6 lbs from last hhcg day. Not bad, but I am going to play it very safe today...lots of protein and water. Yesterday I added oatmeal w/ agave juice and smart balance on it. For lunch I had tuna salad with real mayo, diced dill pickles, chopped egg on a bed of lettuce greens and topped with Flat Earth Baked Veggie Crisps..tangy tomato ranch(YUMM!). At dinner we had boneless center cut pork loin chops with onions and and apple cider reduction...pretty good, a little overcooked. On the side we had spinach & shallots and a white skinned sweet potato. Never saw one of those before...white skinned sweet potato??? It was really good...actually sweeter to me than the normal ones. I did not add anything at all to mine, but I am still suspect that that might have been just a bit too much...

I am enjoying the way I am learning how my body reacts to different foods and I am getting much more interested in learning new, creative and healthy ways of cooking for me and my family. It is so much more costly in terms of money and time, but I think it is really going to be worth it. I keep thinking about our food supply, our choices and economy...It is crazy the way all the stuff that is so processed and filled with chemicals and stuff I can't even pronounce are usually the least expensive and often very tasty...but so very bad for us. Now that I have been off that stuff and have had opportunities to take a little bite here or there..it is really not even good..tastes so fake!!!

OK, that is all for now. It is a beautiful fall Saturday out there...I gotta get out and enjoy it!

No comments: